I’m Losing It! Week 2.

Well, I suppose I ought to fess up. I’ve been losing it, for real. Beginning December 27, I started back on my Weight Watchers journey. In 2010, I’d lost about 30 pounds by following the WW plan, then we found out I was pregnant with our third child, Maisy. Now that she’s 8 months old, I can’t blame anyone but me for this extra poundage I’ve been sporting. I knew that when my jeans started getting snug that I really needed to do something about this extra weight.

So, I decided that I’d get a jump start on my New Year’s Resolution to lose weight and buckle down. I did a little research, and discovered that I could essentially follow the Weight Watcher’s Points Plus program for free by using resources that I found online. I’m a sneaky one, ain’t I? I calculated my Points Plus allowance for each day (a whopping 46—14 extra Points Plus due to breastfeeding), and got to work.

The first few days were hard. Really hard. As in, this was my food log for the first day:

That was bad. It started out so well! But I’ll be damned if those sugar cookies would derail my entire new way of eating. I finished out the day by eating clean, and I felt good!

I teetered back and forth about whether or not I should blog about my weight loss. But I just do reviews! I give blogging tips! I just post deals and steals!

But really, who DOESN’T want to look better in their jeans? I figure if I can give you a little¬†camaraderie and link you guys to some recipes that I like, it’d be worth it, right? It might be horrifying to tell thousands of people my weight, but it’s not like they can’t see me anyway — it’s not like I’m hiding a 130 pound figure underneath these layers. People have eyes, y’know?

So here we are at the week 2 weigh in date. I started on December 27 at 211.8 pounds. This morning, I weighed in at 198.4, bringing my two week total weight loss to  13.4 pounds! Booyah.

I’ll be updating each Tuesday with how my week went and what my progress is thus far. Are you embarking on a weight loss journey? Tell me about it with a comment!

Comments

1. says

WAY TO GO!!!!!!! Keep up the good work. I did WW in the past and successful with it, and NEED to get back on it…thanks for sharing your journey.

• says

It’s a really great program! I love that there’s nothing off limits. If I really wanted to eat a burger, I can. I just have to own it, count the points, and deal. It really puts it into perspective — a pint of Haagen Dasz that I had after oral surgery last week was a whopping 24 points!!! I used to eat that AND a burger with fries!

2. says

WHOA THAT IS FANTASTIC!!! I lost 21lbs my first 12wks on WW and then the holidays happened and I gained 7 back. Now I’m back on track and hoping to lose that 7 plus another 20 before TTC later this spring. Not sure if you’re already aware but skinnytaste.com has a ton of delicious recipes that already have the points calculated. This week’s menu has 3 skinnytate recipes!

3. says

way to Go! I’m also on the same journey; except I started mine way later than you..my youngest baby is over 2 years now. /sigh. It was time. So I started hosting “Wellness Wednesday” on my blog about 6 weeks ago. I’ve had to make some adjustments, as we really want this weight loss to be lasting, and not a fleeting yo-yo diet; so I’m always improving. I finally found a workout program I can do and doesn’t hurt my knees so far; so this is wonderful! I am thinking I would love to learn more about the weight watchers points…but your free version that is . lol

You are more than welcome to join my Wellness Wednesday gatherings; and if you have health articles, fitness tips, weight lot tips; you are more than welcome to link them up too! Our newest Wellness Wednesday is going live in the morning; that is the one with the “linky”. I thought it would be a lot of fun to gather everyone’s helpful tips in one archive for everyone to learn from!

• says

Hey! I’d love to check out Wellness Wednesday! What a great idea. I see that you saw my other WW post about how to utilize the online calculators. It’s really, really awesome! I don’t feel like I’m on a diet. It’s more of a new way of living. Best of luck!

4. skeera says

I am just starting my weight loss journey. I had my baby 6 months ago and this is the heaviest I have ever been. I am looking at your blog and am getting inspired. I hope I can also find some support here to keep me motivated. I have to make a change in this year for myself and my baby girl. I want to be a healthy and active mommy and set a good example for her! Thank you for putting up this information. My sister did the actual program and has lost about 50lbs! I am aiming for about the same but I gotta work for it.