The thing about cancer is that it’s something you have in common with people, but you really wish you didn’t. Everyone knows someone who has been affected by cancer. One thing we as a community can agree on is that we’ve got to Finish the Fight and do whatever we can to find a cure. I have had two grandparents affected by cancer — my paternal grandmother lost her fight with cancer and the complications it brought, and my husband’s grandfather recently beat lung cancer. Bottom line, folks — it’s time to find a cure.
Finish the Fight — Create a Life List
The American Cancer Society is celebrating its 100th anniversary at the end of this month, and to ring in a century of advocacy, they need your help. Create a Life List of accomplishments, aspirations and hope for the future of cancer.
Steps to creating your own Life List on American Cancer Society’s Facebook page:
- Visit The American Cancer Society on Facebook
- Add Your Accomplishments – Things you’ve done
- Add Your Aspirations – What you still want to accomplish
- Add your hope for the future of cancer
- Add your photo – Use your Facebook profile photo, or upload another
- Display your life list proudly, share it with your friends, and MAKE SOME NOISE!
My Life List
Happy 100th Birthday to the American Cancer Society! I am hopeful that soon, we will see an end to the losses caused by cancer. Get started on your Life List and spread the word! It only takes about 5 minutes. You know what they say about the ripple effect. Let your voice be heard!
I am writing this post as a part of a sponsored campaign for The American Cancer Society through The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.